Tuesday 3 November 2009

Max Logic (Quiz, charms page & fades) - Mike Kilby

Just thought I'd write a bit about the other visual aspects and some other concepts that I maybe should have explained earlier on! (oops)

As a group we've decided that the best way to give the user a feeling of accomplishment is to have a visual indication of how well they are doing in the quiz. We decided this should be in the form of a boat moving across the bottom of the screen. After searching hard for a way to do this with jitter I ended up going the slider route instead.


Over the last 4 days I've been working on the quiz patch and I have accomplished the logic behind the quiz by loading .txt files into coll objects and then selecting questions/answers from those coll objects by charm type and a random number between 1 & 4 (as there are 4 questions for each charm).

The first image here shows the randomiser patch.









This image shows the coll objects with randmoiser inputs. The outputs from these patches go to message boxes which are displayed on the quiz UI.






I was going to take the above approach for the charms page too, but it wasn't really necessary as there were only 4 sets of texts (one for each charm) and I wanted to use a fade effect too so I used comment boxes instead. I was able to alter the alpha channel using a line object to fade the text in and out. I wanted to do the same for the images/videos too but it wasn't quite so simple. I've had to use the jit.xfade object to merge (crossfade) between the 4 charms videos. \the videos are loaded in automatically with a loadbang and the name of the file (e.g. seahorse.mov).

No comments:

Post a Comment